ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Automotive Technician or similar qualification with a keen interest in automotive technologies
- Experience using vehicle diagnostic equipment including the ability to read/understand diagnostic data and carry out procedures for the repair and maintenance of vehicles
- Computer literacy including Word, Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable with the latest vehicle technologies and diagnostic procedures used within the automotive industry.
- A high level of numeracy and technical competency
- Ability to read and interpret vehicle wiring diagrams.
- Understanding of automotive communication protocols such as CAN
- Comfortable working around vehicle electronic and electrical systems, with knowledge of vehicle network systems. Capable of removing and replacing automotive components, returning the vehicle to equal or better than before condition.
KEY TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the development of content and test procedures for Snap-on’s suite of automotive diagnostic tools.
- Author’s data to support diagnosis of specific vehicles
- Consults with software engineers and other engineering staff to develop new features for our vehicle diagnostic products.
- Manage time and project deliverables as assigned
- Assists in the generation of market surveys, competitor tool analyses and marketing literature.
- Any other duties requested by Manager
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Competitive package for this full-time position
- Health Insurance
- Pension contributions
- Office hours with flexi time
- 26 days holidays plus public holidays
- Opportunity to work with a leading global multinational
Snap-on Incorporated is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hand and power tools, tool storage, diagnostics software, information and management systems, shop equipment and other solutions for vehicle dealerships and repair centers, as well as for customers in industries, including aviation and aerospace, agriculture, construction, government and military, mining, natural resources, power generation and technical education. Snap-on also derives income from various financing programs to facilitate the sales of its products and support its franchise business. Products and services are sold through the company’s franchisee, company-direct, distributor and internet channels. Founded in 1920, Snap-on is a $4.25 billion, S&P 500 company headquartered in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Snap-on’s mission is to create value by providing innovative solutions to the transportation, service and industrial markets worldwide. Snap-on has long been the leader in producing the highest quality hand tools for the professional technician, but today, Snap-on is more than a hand tool company. Today, Snap-on surrounds its customers with a full range of capabilities.
Snap-on’s present and future success is driven by its competitive advantages. These advantages give substance to Snap-on’s ambitions, shape its strategies and define the essence of its value as an investment and an institution. Snap-on has assembled the industry’s most complete portfolio of technology solutions and has the development capabilities to address the service challenges of tomorrow.