Who are we?
LeasePlan is one of the world’s leading vehicle leasing and fleet management organisations, with almost two million vehicles on the road across more than thirty countries. Sixty years of experience has shaped us into a trusted partner for clients in the corporate, SME and private lease sectors. This role exists in our Irish business unit, which is the national market leader staffed by a dedicated team in Dublin who work tirelessly to provide best-in-class service to our Irish customers and their fleet drivers.
Where does this role fit in?
LeasePlan have undertaken an ambitious global digitalisation journey intended to standardise, modernise, and streamline every aspect of our business. Multiple large transformation projects are running at present which will deliver new/changed IT systems and business processes that must be integrated into the Irish business unit. Meanwhile, we still have legacy infrastructure, systems, and applications requiring maintenance, support and enhancement until the time comes to replace them. To stay on top of this workload and maximise the transformation opportunities available to us, we are seeking a new colleague to add capacity to our IT team.
Who are we looking for?
✓ Someone tech-savvy – tech background, strong functional/semi-technical understanding of how hardware, databases, applications, networks, etc operate and interact with each other.
✓ A seasoned analyst – familiar with common ITSM processes, project life cycles (agile, waterfall), common SDLC approaches, UAT processes, document artefacts, etc.
✓ A self-starter – ready to take ownership of complex deliverables and maintain momentum toward delivering them, actively coordinating multiple stakeholders (business teams, technical teams).
✓ An innovator – always looking for smart ways to solve problems and improve outcomes.
✓ A meticulous operator – detail-oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
✓ A flexible pragmatist – happy in dynamic environment, taking on varying duties as/when needed.
What are you going to do?
• Be a bridge between local business teams who have unmet needs and IT and/or project teams (often remote) who should deliver on those needs.
• Investigate business needs, issues and opportunities using a range of tools and techniques such as workshops, interviews, observation, process data analysis and document analysis.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure their views are represented, using techniques to identify stakeholders, capture and analyse their perspectives and resolve conflict of differing needs.
• Analyse business processes, create process maps, analyse gaps, identify issues and opportunities.
• Define and evaluate options and make recommendations for improvement with clear benefits, risks, issues, and feasibility assessment covering technical, business and financial elements.
IT Business Analyst
• Define clear business and functional requirements, using standard requirement engineering tools including User Stories, Use Cases, Requirements Matrices, Acceptance Criteria, and Test Cases.
• Coordinate user acceptance testing of delivered changes, and where required support user training and operational handover.
• Where possible, contribute to technical solution design activities.
What do you need to do the job?
o Third-level degree, preferably with a strong computing/analysis element.
o At least three years’ experience in a similar role.
o An understanding of the fleet management business, or a similar financial/automotive industry.
o Aptitude to learn quickly and apply knowledge across different contexts.
o Highly motivated with strong work ethic.
o Proven ability to work in a self-directed manner to deliver projects.
o Demonstrated interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and listening skills, including ability to interact with business colleagues in plain English, and IT colleagues in precise technical terms.
o Confidence to speak up when something can be done better or smarter.
o Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
o Experience working with Agile methods.
o Experience using Jira and Confluence.
o Proficient in the Microsoft 365 suite.
What do we offer you?
✓ A great working environment.
✓ Opportunities for progression both locally and globally.
✓ Opportunities for training and development.
✓ A competitive salary.
✓ A bonus with achievable targets.
✓ A pension scheme.
Send a resume along with a brief outline of why you are the right person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role will be advertised internally and externally.