Due to significant growth having been appointed as the main Renault Trucks dealer for the Midlands of Ireland, Reynolds Commercials currently have 2 Vacancies, reporting to the Workshop Foreman, for the roles of HGV Mechanic.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following;
- The ability to work in a busy environment.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Service and maintain a fleet of, hook loaders & skip trucks.
- To carry out road testing and quality control inspections as required
- Carry out the full cycle of diagnosis, repairs, maintenance, servicing, pre-test work to a high standard in a range HGVs, PSVs and LCVs, RCVs
- Use technologies as provided for monitoring vehicle issues, including the use of Assetminder.
- Perform incidental Welding operations
- Work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Comply with all company policies and initiatives to ensure safe and efficient operation within the business.
- To work as part of a team, maintaining a good working relationship between colleagues and customers
- To complete all job-related paperwork in line with Reynolds Commercials standards
- To participate in training and development programmes as required by the Company
- 24 Hour callout may be required on a rotation basis for this job role
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Qualified Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic (HGV Mechanic)
- Experience with Renault Trucks or Volvo Trucks, along with TechTool
- High degree of product and technical knowledge, including engine, cab and chassis, RCV bodies, lifting equipment, and weighing equipment
- 3 years’ experience in relevant discipline is desirable
- HGV / PSV licence an advantage
- Team player with ability to work on their own initiative
- Be flexible and prepared to work in any required areas
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills
Perks & Benefits:
- Overtime available and payable
- Pension scheme for employees
- Clean comfortable employee canteen
- Competitive Salary
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com.