Vehicle Service & Parts Advisor / Specialist
The successful candidate will be required to welcome customers to the Service department. Carry out customer follow ups to develop and maintain positive relationships. You will be required to organise the Service department bookings in an efficient and courteous manner to ensure utilisation of the workshop in line with dealer guidelines.
- Book vehicles into workshop in an efficient manner.
- Provide quotations and invoices for the customer
- Reviews vehicle and customer history to identify potential additional work requirements (such as recalls or items noted at last service)
- Inputs information into Autoview system so that job cards and other relevant documents can be produced, and initiate ordering of appropriate parts.
- Communicates the customer requirements to the workshop in a legible, clear and understandable manner.
- Ensures vehicle health checks are carried out on each vehicle
- Ensures thorough vehicle inspection with the customer before and after service work is carried out.
- Responds to customer enquiries; monitors work progress to ensure the vehicle will be ready at the time agreed and contacts the customer to confirm when their vehicle is ready for collection
- Creates the invoice for work completed
- Maximise the potential of up-sales if appropriate during service customer communications
- Ensure Work in Progress jobs are reviewed daily & closed off when appropriate.
- Review labour hours of all Mechanics weekly with the Service Manager to help drive productivity within the department.
- Warranty support & administration.
- Support for the Parts department when required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Previous experience working in a Service department of a reputable car dealership.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customers, suppliers and the manufacturer
- Strong PC skills
- Strong problem-solving ability to identify and resolve dissatisfied customer’s issues in a professional and empathetic manner
- Attention to detail
- Work independently in a busy, active environment, managing own time and workflow effectively
- Present a consistently professional image to both internal and external customers, through attitude, behaviour and personal appearance
- Build strong interdepartmental relationships and pay close attention to other department requirements
- Autoview experience an advantage
- Time Management skills
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter which will outline your suitability to the role