Workshop Mechanic (Qualified) | Motor Industry Jobs
|Job Title||Workshop Mechanic (Qualified) | Motor Industry Jobs|
|Company Name||McCoy Motors|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2018|
McCoy Motors are looking for new talent. We are official SEAT dealers and Authorised Toyota Repairers. SEAT in Dublin/Kildare is rapidly growing and to facilitate this growth, we are looking for a qualified motor mechanic to help out in our expanding aftersales department.
Any candidate would be exposed to both SEAT and Toyota training and would be given a generous remuneration package. The ideal candidate would have a VW group background (preferable but not necessary), fully completed their FAS/SOLAS curriculum and would have a clean driving license.
• To carry out routine maintenance schedules i.e. PDIs, First Service, Second
Service etc. as per manufacturers schedule and specifications in a professional
• To carry out Warranty Work as and when required within the recommended timeframe
• To clock onto and off jobcards as appropriate.
• To use AUTOvhc when performing servicing.
• To assist the Service Manager in the diagnosis of problem faults.
• To use the Control Board.
• To ensure that you refer to the Technical Board for all up to date information
• To wear Uniform and Health & Safety Equipment provided.
• To ensure that your workshop bay is kept clean and clear.
• To complete the workshop job within the recommended timeframe.
• To notify the Service Manager of any problem being encountered during your work.
• To ensure your work is to the highest quality.
• To assist apprentice mechanics on work that they are performing as and when
• To inform the Service Advisor of any additional work required and parts required
in order that the customer approval may be obtained.
• To advise Service Manager of any additional work required.
• To complete the Next Service Due Sticker on the Windscreen correctly.
• To ensure the correct mileage on the vehicle is obtained.
• To ensure that on all occasions, seat covers & mats are used & are removed after
work is completed.
• To sign off jobcards when job is completed & ensure that correct details of work
done are noted on the job card.
• To assist the Service Manager in the completion of Technical Reports with regard
to any job that you have performed.
• To ensure vehicle is road tested, washed, hoovered and parked.
• To inform Service Manager that work is completed
• To attend Toyota / SEAT Training as and when required
• To adhere to the ‘Fix it right first time’ analogy where possible.
The key to success in McCoy Motors is commitment, teamwork, and flexibility. As part of the team you will be expected to overlap duties to ensure that our customer receives the standard of service that is McCoy Motors Trademark.